Tuesday, July 3, 2012

USA Shorts How-To

Ahhhh!!! Have any of you noticed a lot of Stars and Stripes Shorts going around??? :) Well I have and I'm going to tell you how to  make this real quick, easy, and Perfect for Fourth Of July pair of Shorts!! :) {PSSTT} I'm wearing these tomorrow! ;)
{Sorry About Low Lighting}
 All You need is...

    Normal Paint Brushes/Sponges for wall painting about an inch wide.

    A Star Stencil or having a very good star drawing hand ;) 

    Red, White, And Blue Paint

    And Of Course a pair of old shorts or cut-offs

 Note- Only paint until you reach where the pocket starts & where the belt loops begin like above if you can see it. 



   Start out with once side of the shorts then use  the red and make as even as possible stripes and then once that's mostly dry paint the white stripes in between. My red and white somewhat blended because I did not Wait until it was dry but it still looks really cool like that! 
    Once you are done with that,  go to the next side of shorts and paint it a lighter or darker blue than your shorts. When it's dry use your star stencil or paint your stars right on!! :) Make sure they are even! I kind of did a pyramid deal, started out with 3 stars on bottom, then on top 2, and so on then I added more stars to  even it more out. 
    Just Let it all dry And Your Done! I used a blow-dryer to speed up the process. Will you will be wearing these for Fourth Of July?? Hope you enjoyed this! Buh-Bye!

1 comment:

  1. I like shorts :) I used this and it really helped my family and I bond! We made matching shorts, and (sadly) my dad took a picture and posted it on Facebook. But, it's okay, because my friends aren't friends with my dad and I untagged myself! :D So, ya. I love the shorts!

    ReplyDelete