Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tied Fleece Blanket

    Hello! So, yesterday something came in the mail. It was a late birthday present...and...It was fabric for me to make my Tied Fleece Blanket!! :) I was so excited that I got started on it Right away! Here is the finished Product: ( Excuse the Bad Quality Picture Bad lighting plus Iphone Flash= No good.)


Have any of you tried making one of these? Aren't they just THE BEST!? I snuggled with it all last night haha. Anyways here is what I did if you haven't and would like to make one. 

Supplies: 
-Fabric (One Printed and one solid color, however much fabric you want)
-A Good pair of scissors (I went through 4 trying to find one sharp enough)
-A Ruler
-Patience and Time

Okay, first you need to place the printed color on the solid and cut the corners out. I cut out 5 inches by 5 inches out of each corner. Then I cut the strips out. (Make sure your cutting both fabrics!) Cut 5 inches in to the fabric and 1 inch wide each strip. Do this on all four sides. Then tie the strips together! ( Tie the printed fabric and solid fabric under that strip together). Repeat that also on all four sides. Voila! You are done! Now go snuggle with it! It's all up to you for what you want to do with the scraps but I did this:

I did the same procedure to the scrap corners but on a smaller scale of cutting! Then I stuffed it with plush and made very mini pillows! I'm not exactly sure yet what I will do with them but I might take a hand at juggling with them! Soon I will buy more fabric and plush and just make pillows maybe...Because Tying small strips together with plush in a 5 inch square and a very tedious job. Well that's all for today!! So Long! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment